Majd Al-shihabi, Founder of Palestine Open Maps and Inaugural Bassel Khartabil Fellow.
Majd Al-Shihabi is a systems design engineer, based in Beirut, applying the craft of systems thinking to as many fields as he can reach. He works with a wide range of academic and cultural institutions and archives in the region to build openness into their information systems. He is an urban planning graduate student at American University of Beirut. Majd is the inaugural recipient of the Bassel Khartabil Free Culture Fellowship, where he worked on PalestineOpenMaps.org, and the MASRAD:platform for archiving oral history.
- Palestine Open Maps
- MASRAD Open Knowledge Collective: works at the intersection of archives, technology, and knowledge production.
How to Get Involved
- majdal.cc: personal website
- Berlin Artists, Coders & Friends of Bassel, Join Majd's Palestine Mapmaking Saturday
- 7 Ways to Support Majd Al-shihabi
- The first Bassel Khartabil Fellowship Awarded to Majd Al-shihabi